Watch Mindy Lockard make delectable individually sized pies that are superb for picnics, potlucks or as an after-dinner treat. These adorable mini-pies are inspired by Mindy’s childhood memories of picking blackberries for her mom’s homemade pies. Grab some blackberries from your Market Produce Department, then make these pies for friends and family!
Individual Blackberry Pies Recipe
4 c blackberries (wild or store-bought)
1 c sugar
1/3 c flour
store-bought pie crust
2 cups or bowls in two sizes: approx. 3-3 ½” wide and approx. 2-2 ½” wide
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°
2. Flour a board and roll out crust.
3. Using the cups or bowls, cut out 24 rounds – 12 large sizes for the bases and 12 small sizes for the tops of each pie.
4. Pour blackberries into a large bowl and add sugar and flour. Mix and coat berries.
5. Grease the muffin tin with butter.
6. Place the larger round cutouts in the muffin tin, gently pulling to create a lip.
7. Fill each cup fully with berries, adding more of the sugar and flour mixture.
8. Lay smaller rounds over the berries, carefully pinching together the tops and bottoms.
9. Brush egg wash over the top of each pie.
10. Pierce the top of each pie with a fork.
11. Bake 10-15 min.
12. Let cool and enjoy!