Hang up the phone! There’s no need to call and order a pizza. Instead, revolutionize your family dinner with Mindy Lockard’s grilly good homemade pizzas. This recipe gets everyone involved in the fun and each family member can make their own pizza how they like it (finally, no more arguing over pizza toppings). Head to your Market and grab dough and your favorite meats, cheeses and veggies, then heat up the grill and get started!
Homemade Pizza Recipe
pizza dough (4 oz per pizza)
bell peppers, sliced
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Bring pizza dough to room temperature.
3. Separate pizza dough into four, approx. 4 oz balls, one for each pizza.
4. Brush each ball of dough with olive oil, let set for a few min.
5. Stretch each dough ball out into round shapes (try having everyone stretch their own!)
6. Brush olive oil on grates of grill. Place crusts directly on grill and cook until dough is light, but with dark grate marks. Flip each crust and repeat with other side.
7. Once dough is cooked, let everyone spread their own sauce on crusts with a spoon, then place their favorite meats and vegetables.
8. Put cheese on each pizza, then brush with olive oil.
9. Transfer each pizza to grill.
10. Once cheese is golden and sauce begins to bubble, pull the pizzas off the grill, let cool and enjoy!
Tip: Put the cheese on last to coat toppings and keep the vegetables and meats from falling off while eating.